PPSUK is not a registered charity in its own right. All funds are managed by PPSUK’s parent charity, AMEND, but those raised for PPSUK are allocated to PPSUK. Please ensure that you let us know that you are fundraising for PPSUK so that we can allocate your funds raised accordingly. Thanks!
Every penny raised by our members and supporters goes to helping us to provide information and support to patients and families affected by PPGL syndromes and tumours, and to fund research into the diseases.
If you are organising an event, let us know as we would love to share your news. For any inquiries about fundraising for us, please contact Helen Blakebrough in the office.
We want to reassure our members that PPSUK and AMEND will continue operating as normal during the 2020 Coronavirus pandemic, thanks to conscientious financial management and the amazing efforts by our fundraisers over the last 2 years. However, it is estimated that our overall 2020 income will be 50% less than in an average year, which may limit our activities during 2021.
We are therefore delighted to provide many different opportunities which anyone can join in with whilst staying safe, raising funds (big or small) through Virginmoneygiving (please note that we are not registered with JustGiving), or simply by donating £26. Please see below for details.
Thank you to everyone who supports the PPSUK family!
2.6 Challenge – How can you help?
- Sunday 26 April would have been the London Marathon. Since this was postponed due to COVID-19, the 2.6 Challenge was dreamed up by fundraising sites to help compensate for the loss of live events during 2020.
- Dream up an activity based around the number 2.6 or 26 that suits your skills (and follows
government guidelines on exercise and social distancing); it can be as crazy as you like! Go to the 2.6 Challenge website for inspiration.
- Please use Virginmoneygiving and select AMEND (PPSUK is supported by AMEND and we are not registered with JustGiving as it’s expensive!) and get emailing and sharing your event details and fundraising link to friends and family!
- Alternatively, simply make a donation of £26 to AMEND – minimum fuss! (link via button below)
- Don’t forget to let us know so that we can encourage people to donate and share your achievements!
Get ready, set, and go anytime from the 26th April!
Trek to Petra (Jordan) – 14-24th October 2022
Join us for the trip of a lifetime! Join us on a trek through the deserts of Jordan to reach the iconic ancient city of Petra, one of the modern Seven Wonders of the World.
A monthly payment plan is possible for funding the trip. Use Virginmoneygiving to fundraise after that and leading up to the trip.
Support AMEND every time you shop online with Amazon, at no cost to you! Click here to set up.
Here are some of AMEND’s favourite events that we organised over the years. Thank you to everyone who fundraises or who has fundraised for AMEND in whatever bonkers way!
The following forms will be useful to anyone raising money offline. UK tax-payers can complete the Gift Aid form enabling AMEND to reclaim extra funds from the Government at no cost to yourself.
These cute, bright cuboids (8cm squared) can hold a deceptively large number of coins and are great for all that nuisance change that gets left around the house or in the washing! Order up to two at a time for free from our shop.
Gift Aid Form